This is an incredibly broad, exciting, and rewarding opportunity for a snow sport enthusiast providing considerable scope and job satisfaction at Scotland’s largest ski centre. Glenshee aims to provide visitors with an outstanding and unique Scottish winter sports experience. The new summer season safari zipline and mountain bike developments will ensure Glenshee’s future success as an exciting all year attraction.
Glenshee is looking for a multi-talented, ski patrol manager to organise the health and safety of customers and staff alongside the operational management team throughout the year.
- Experienced in ski patrol and /or mountain rescue,
- Intuitive to team needs,
- Responsible, flexible, and adaptive,
- High standard of skiing / boarding
- Avalanche awareness,
- Rescue within a Ski Area
- First aid Advanced qualification and experience.
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written.
- Handling demanding and stressful situations.
Resolving problems and using the above skills goes to ensure Glenshee’s outstanding, popular, and unique Scottish winter sports experience.
During summer months the scope of the role widens becoming more operational requiring good project management and administration skills, and a willingness to assist with a variety of maintenance tasks. Also, key will be business development capability; Glenshee’s current projects include setting up a safari zipwire and development of a mountain biking facility enabling the centre to become a highly popular and exciting year-round attraction. Ideas for increasing business and developing additional summer projects and attractions will be encouraged.
- Ensuring the safety of and minimising risk to customers and staff, treating and overseeing transport for sick or injured visitors and staff,
- Liaising with ambulance services and sourcing further medical help.
- Leading subsequent accident investigations, recording, and producing statistics
- Monitoring, training, and recruitment of seasonal staff
- Buying, and issuing staff uniforms /PPE
- Liaison with health and safety consultant.
- Joint responsibility for marketing and sitting on the SSMG,
- Organising events,
- Shared responsibility of website management and social media
- Sharing with the team any other task required by Glenshee.
Applicants must be multi-talented snow sport professionals who thrive in a challenging customer service role. Key attributes include reliable, punctual, and physically fit, with a commercial in approach.
To apply; email [email protected] cc [email protected] with cv and covering letter
Closing date: 9th July 2021
Enquiries telephone Kate Hunter 07711169944