Bringing Patrollers Together at the Top of the World
Ski Patrol Sweden Rescue will be our host to the 2024 congress in Riksgränsen, Sweden, 300 km north of the polar circle. Above 68° north, Riksgränsen is Sweden’s northern most ski resort. Right on the border of Norway and the beautiful fjords surrounding Narvik.
With great distances, vast wilderness and arctic climate, long dark midwinter days and never ending
midnight sun skiing.
Places we will visit and take part of
When: 21 – 28 April 2024 (Sunday to Sunday)
Where: Riksgränsen, Sweden 68° north
How to get to Riksgränsen:
Fly to Stockholm, then to Kiruna – NO FLIGHTS ON SATURDAY (appx. 1,5hrs flight time), bus transfer is appx. 1,5 hrs. There is also a choice to fly in to Narvik, Norway. The stretch between Narvik and Riksgränsen is served by the
Arctic train and VY, this will not be included in the conference price.
Narvik is situated about 45 min by train from Riksgränsen. The train stops at Riksgränsen.
All conferense attendees and delegates will stay at Riksgränsen hotel.
All meals and conferense meetings will take place at the hotel of Riksgränsen.
The ski area is right outside the hotel lobby, ski-in from the hills.
Wednesday: Possibility to go skiing in Narvik, which is a town situated right by the Atlantic ocean. Narvik is one of the important seaports for iron ore, which is mined in Kiruna (worlds largest iron ore mine). visitnarvik.com
The price 1000USD will include: (as given from FIPS April 2022)
• Shared twin room, single room can be arranged at extra cost.
• Ski pass during the week (20-27 April)
• Three meals /day (breakfast, lunch and dinner). Morning coffee on indoor days with presentations, except lunch on Wednesday. Gala dinner on Friday
• Conference room for 100 attendees + smaller conference rooms when needed.
• Beverage: Lunch consists of nonalcoholic choices. Dinner: one serving of either beer or
• Bus transfer from and to Kiruna airport.
www.riksgransen.se Instagram: riksgransen_skidpatrull
www.bjorkliden.com Instagram: bjorkliden_skidpatrull
Skipatrol sweden rescue Instagram: skipatrol_sweden
This post is also available in: French Italian Spanish Japanese