20-27 January, 2018
Location: Rosa Khutor, Russia – 40 km from the city of Sochi, location for the 2014 Winter Olympics
Theme: The world working together to improve safety and enjoyment in the mountains
Hosted by: Russia Rescue & Rosa Khutor
- Earlybird Registration: 1 May 2017 – 31 October 2017
- Standard Registration: 1 November 2017 – 18 December 2017
- Earlybird Registration: twin share €1150; single room €1350
- Standard Registration: twin share €1350; single room €1550
Attendees will be able to book additional days at Rosa Khutor prior to and after the Congress €125/night.
Accomodation: Rosa Springs Hotel (4 star)
Arrival: Saturday 20 January 2018
Departure: Saturday 27 January 2018
Getting there: By air from Moscow to Sochi International Airport (1,369 km – 2hr 10min). A round trip to Sochi on Aeroflot is as low as USD$84. Aeroflot still serves free real meals and wine in economy.
From Sochi International airport:
- City bus #105 and #135 to bus stop “Rosa Khutor”.
- From bus stop “Rosa Khutor” to Rosa Springs Hotel, you can use funicular railway “Olympia”.
- From the funicular railway station “Rosa Plato” the hotel is nearby.
Visas: Visas are required. An invitation letter will be sent to you with your registration confirmation. You will need this with your application for your visa at your local Russian Embassy/Consulate.
About Rosa Khutor: The Rosa Khutor Alpine Resort (Russian: Ро́за Ху́тор) is an alpine ski resort in Krasnodar Krai, Russia, located at the Aibga Ridge of the Western Caucasus along the Roza Khutor plateau near Krasnaya Polyana. Constructed from 2003 to 2011, it hosted the alpine skiing events for the 2014 Winter Olympics and Paralympics, based in nearby Sochi. The resort is 50 kilometers east of the Black Sea at Sochi; the majority of the slopes at Rosa Khutor face northeast, with the backside slopes facing southwest.
- Nearest city Sochi – 50 km
- Nearest town Krasnaya Polyana – 10 km
- Coordinates 43.646°N 40.332°E
- Vertical 1,380 m (4,528 ft)
- Top elevation 2,509 m (8,231 ft)
- Base elevation 940 m (3,084 ft)
- Lift system comprises 26 lifts:
- 7 gondolas (8 person)
- 9 chairlifts
- 6 T-bars
- 4 magic carpets
- 3 Terrain park
- January 27, 2017
To All FIPS Members, I just returned from a trip to Sochi with Jean Louis to finalize plans for our next Congress. To clarify, the town is Sochi—the ski area 40 minutes away is Rosa Khutor. I am happy to report that the mountain, skiing, facilities and people all exceeded...
- June 3, 2016
The FIPS Executive and the Rosa Khutor organising committee met last week, and have announced the dates for the XXI (21st) FIPS Congress in 2018. Dates: 13-20 January, 2018 Now you might be thinking that Russia is pretty cold in January, but don’t worry, you won’t freeze because Rosa Khutor is...
Presentation’s run at congress
No Files Found.